At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to "Be Alight."Our Values:Champion People
- be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.Grow with purpose -
Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.Be Alight -
act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Overall objective of the Role
To contribute and support the team responsible for the execution of payroll activities and/or data management/customer services activities, ensuring that output is accurate and on time. Your responsibilities may be focused on payroll and/or customer services and you will be flexible supporting either as or when required
Delivery Key responsibilities:
- Independently process Payroll End to End to ensure they are delivered as per the agreed processing calendar(s) and to the agreed KPIs and/or independently perform Data Management or Customer Service activities as per the agreed calendar and KPIs
- Support Statutory and Year End Reporting to the agreed calendar(s) and to the agreed KPIs
- Use Payroll expertise to advise upon client queries/issues and ensure a strong understanding of country specific legislation and tasks
- Support and knowledge transfer Apprentices and/or Associates on Data Management or Customer Service activities
- Ensure Tickets and Calls are responded within SLA timescales and to a high standard
- Support System Maintenance Testing
- Liaise and transact with Third Parties
- SOC Controls completed on time and with the necessary evidences
- Support and contribute to root cause analysis to ensure details are accurate and that feasible preventative measures are suggested to limit any reoccurrence
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer sessions and ensure the audience has understood and can put into practice
- Maintenance of DWIs to ensure processes are up to date and reflective of the service
- All system issues/defects are reported correctly and tickets are logged with the necessary details and evidences so Application Services and/or Products can investigate
- Highlight to Service Manager any deviations from the standard scope of service
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
- Time Recording to be completed accurately and on time
- Alight Security Standards are adhered and followed
- Contribute to team meetings and raise any issues immediately to your Service Manager
- Ensure you are up to date with all Alight announcements and communications
- Build good relationships with all lines of businesses where appropriate
- Update internal stakeholders, when needed, in a timely and accurate way
- Participates in projects and activities as needed and assigned
Key Criteria to monitor performance
- Adherence to all Security and Compliance procedures
- 100% Attainment of customer SLA agreements
- Adherence to quality standards
- Demonstrate professionalism and act responsibly
Alight Core Competencies
- Be Accountable - Take advantage of the World of Opportunity and demonstrate personal responsibility and eagerness to explore & acquire the necessary skills. Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results.
- Solve Problems - Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Take Ownership - Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives and future personal career opportunities
- Be Client Centric - Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ensure a balanced approach between client requirements and Alight priorities
- Be Effective - Demonstrate knowledge of the Alight Way, our values and levers for success. Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way
Professional / Job Experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to support a global and fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as independently while adhering to processes and procedures
Education and Training
- BA/BS in a business-related field such as Accounting, Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 2-3 years relevant experience administering Payroll or Health & Welfare/Benefits in an HR consulting, HR Outsourcing or Corporate environment.
- HRIS knowledge: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
- Experience working with HR and payroll data
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and "Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs" 5 years in a row.Benefits
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it's important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.DISCLAIMER:
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.