At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to "Be Alight."Our Values:Champion People
- be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.Grow with purpose -
Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.Be Alight -
act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Overall objective of the Role
The Service Manager is responsible for engaging and coordinating the team in all day to day service activities. You will ensure that the team is properly resourced, trained and skilled to enable deliverables to be met timely and accurately and using the agreed upon standards. You are responsible for the adherence of all applicable internal standard processes, as well as listening point to anticipate, prevent and manage any staffing issues. You will need to perform active management, understand the levels of progress and specific needs for each individual whilst recognizing how the team fit into the larger delivery picture. As the Service Manager you are expected to display decision-making skills that support all company and service policies while maintaining a professional environment for all team members
- Supports the associates and specialists enabling them to independently work from end to end, by monitoring, organizing and coordinating the resolution of any blocking issues
- Effectively manage and monitor ticket queues using the appropriate BI tools to ensure tickets are handled per the defined timelines, correct categorization, do not exceed expected thresholds and are processed per defined quality standards
- Coordinate training on ticket management as needed
- Effectively monitor and track all client SLAs using the appropriate BI tools to ensure adherence to reporting calendar and standard processes; if SLA are not being met, root cause and action plan to be collected and followed-up
- Ability to utilize the hrX suite of tools as it relates to the scope of their team
- Undertake, support and manage a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when an issue occurs resulting in a client escalation ensuring that mitigating actions are implemented
- Support the detection of deviations from the contractually defined standard scope of service and calendar ensuring the Change Request process and the Defective Input process is followed
- Understand global standard processes as well as contractual scope of service for their team
- Detect and solve possible inefficiencies in processes
- To support Specialist activities for specific accounts when the need arises
- Strong ability to coach, develop action plans, which maximize performance, and provide effective feedback and share business updates as appropriate
- Support the recruitment, induction, onboarding, training, moves, contract changes and exiting processes, ensuring these standards and followed are properly tracked
- Manage accesses on all applicable systems for their team and support on logistical issues
- Ensure compliant use of all systems and Company properties
- Perform performance review for their team in collaboration with the Operation Manager
- Support and manage the team to ensure SOC compliance
- Ensure the team understands and follows the Defined Work Instructions (DWIs) and other process documentation. Monitor the periodic review of DWIs and ensure that DWIs are completed, stored as per standards, and up to date
- Manage TRS and all time-related standard processes for their team: back-ups, shifts, holiday coverage, absences, presence in trainings, overtime, work at home, etc. Based on the standard process requirements, inform/consult with the Operation Manager
- Manage schedule adherence, team productivity, capacity and utilization
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
- Support and adhere to all security compliance procedures while managing security incidents as per the defined process
- Support technical issue coordination and resolution
- Maintain a professional environment; correct behaviours and enforce the use of business etiquette
- Work in very strict, positive and flexible collaboration with the Operation Manager
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments as appropriate, including QA, Service Readiness, AS, reception
- Participates in other projects and activities compatible with own skills as needed and assigned
Key Criteria to monitor performance
- Adherence to all Security and Compliance procedures
- 100% on time and proper tracking of customer SLA agreements
- Adherence to quality standards
- Team retention
- Team Performance within defined standards and customer contracts
Alight Core Competencies
- Be Accountable - Take advantage of the World of Opportunity and demonstrate personal responsibility and eagerness to explore & acquire the necessary skills. Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results
- Solve Problems - Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Take Ownership - Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives and future personal career opportunities
- Be Client Centric - Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ensure a balanced approach between client requirements and Alight priorities
- Be Effective - Demonstrate knowledge of the Alight Way, our values and levers for success. Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way
Professional /Job Experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to support a global and fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as independently while adhering to processes and procedures
Education and Training
- BA/BS in a business-related field such as accounting, Human Resources or Business or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 2-3 years relevant experience administering Payroll or Health & Welfare/Benefits in an HR consulting, HR Outsourcing or Corporate environment.
- HRIS knowledge: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
- Experience working with HR and payroll data
- Experience managing a team
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and "Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs" 5 years in a row.Benefits
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it's important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.DISCLAIMER:
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.