Currently, more than 1800 students are learning at GESS supported by more than 400 full time and part time academic and administrative staff members. In August 2018 GESS moved to Dairy Farm Road to a modern new school campus located at the edge of Singapore's largest nature reserve. Dutch Language Teacher
We are looking for an experienced Dutch Language Teacher.In your teaching commitment at GESS, you will need to take on the following responsibilities where you will be expected to:
• Develop a strong relationship with all parents and students
• Be a role model who mentors and guides students to ensure they meet their full potential
• Actively review student assessment data, including academic, behavioral and social/emotional, to set learning goals, develop student agency and put in place interventions to ensure successful learning of each individualExperience and Qualifications
- Recognised teaching qualification (minimum B.Ed or PGCE equivalent)
- At least 4 years teaching experience
- Knowledge, understanding and teaching experience of the IB Middle Years Programme and IB Diploma Programme
- Appropriate Health and Safety training for taught subject areas (e.g. for PE, first aid and swimming training certifications)
- Articulate and effective written and oral communication in English
- Ability to work collaboratively, professionally and effectively within a team
- Experience of working in an international school setting advantageous
- Willingness to adapt to and embrace a new school environment
- Willingness to contribute and champion educational change that supports best practice and improve student learning
- Professional Knowledge: The applicant has a deep understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students and can effectively provide relevant learning experiences.
- Instructional Planning: The applicant can plan using aspects of student data to inform learning outcomes, emphasizes linking concepts and building upon skills, and focuses on identifying relationships between objectives.
- Instructional Delivery: The applicant can use a variety of research based instructional strategies relevant to the content area to engage students in active learning, to promote key skills, and to meet individual learning needs.
- Assessment for Learning: The applicant can effectively use differentiated assessment tools and strategies and understands how to make accommodations for individual students' needs.
- Learning Environment: The applicant has a clear understanding of the importance of establishing routines and procedures and of providing, safe, supportive, student-centered environment. He/she involves families and other educators when needed.
- Professionalism: The applicant is committed to professional ethics, international-mindedness, and the school's mission; collaborates and communicates appropriately; and takes responsibility for professional growth that results in the enhancement of student learning.
- Student Progress: The work of the applicant will result in acceptable, measurable, and appropriate student progress.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships across the GESS community. Our School
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a multi-lingual, not-for-profit, German international school in Singapore with a distinct European flavour. As an accredited 'Excellent German School Abroad', the German Section of GESS offers all major German school leaving certificates.
Our European Section offers tuition in English for students from grade 1 - 12 across all three IB programmes (the PYP, the MYP and the IB Diploma Programme) as an authorised IB World School.
Children aged 2 years onwards can enroll in our Preschool where children are following the PYP programme in German-speaking, English-speaking or bilingual groups. In addition to an outstanding academic education, GESS strives to teach students community values such as respect, openness and diversity. To Apply
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application and your complete resume. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position. Our Selection Process
At GESS we adhere to fair employment practices that consist of hiring practices that are fair, merit-based and non-discriminatory.
We are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and child protection as we promote the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory reference and background checks and the offer of employment will be subject to the completion of these. In addition, the visa entry requirements for Singapore are subject to certain requirements being met. This includes but is not limited to, mandatory diphtheria and measles vaccination requirements for children attending school in Singapore will need to be in place prior to arriving in Singapore in order for the criteria for a child Dependent Pass to be met and the visa granted. Further information on this will be shared at interview stage if applicable.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. CPE registration number: S72SS0010G Registration period: 22 June, 2023 - 21 June, 2029