Glass Lewis is the world's choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly-listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 30,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the world's largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues. Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco, California with additional offices in Kansas City, Missouri; London, U.K.; Paris, France; Limerick, Ireland; Karlsruhe, Germany; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.PositionWhat roles are available?
Research Associates ("RAs") will work with Glass Lewis' research teams to produce unbiased, independent research (Proxy Papers) covering markets' general meetings, by:
- Reviewing meeting materials disclosed by publicly listed companies (e.g. annual report, notice of meeting)
- Analysing information with regards to corporate governance and remuneration practices
- Summarising meeting proposals and providing voting recommendations based on best practice
RA positions are separated into two areas of focus:
- Governance covers meeting proposals for board of directors' elections, committee memberships, environmental and social issues, skills matrices, auditor appointments, etc.
- Remuneration covers meeting proposals for executive pay practices, incentive plans, pay-for-performance, etc.
: Fixed term full-time (2-3 months depending on market) Start Date:
Feb 2024 Location:
Ireland (remote or onsite), UK (remote) or Germany (remote)Requirements Who is the ideal candidate?Qualifications
A degree in Business, Law, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Language translation or other related field of studies. Languages
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
- Reading competency in at least one of the following languages: German or Dutch
- Understanding of economics, financial services, accounting, compliance, corporate law, governance, finance journalism and public policy
- Strong analytical skills
- Task and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst paying attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; personable
- IT skills; proficiency in MS Office, Excel and online research tools
- Experience in qualitative research or corporate governance is considered an advantage.
How to apply
- A comprehensive training program on corporate governance and executive remuneration;
- An understanding of Glass Lewis policy and voting guidelines;
- An overview of global governance and ESG market practices;
- A supportive team-oriented work environment;
- A city-centre location in one of Ireland's largest cities with lots going on outside of work hours;
- A multicultural work environment with 20+ nationalities and languages.
Submit your application via our online career portal: http://www.glasslewis.com/careers
Please include a cover letter with your CV outlining how you are suitable for this role. Details of language proficiency in English and other languages should be included with your application, if available (e.g. language certificate, diploma, or evidence of significant experience abroad).