The aim of compliance-driven due diligence is to assess our clients' actual or potential counterparties, looking for any issues that might pose a reputational or other risk to them. As part of a dedicated team (VANTAGE), the compliance due diligence researcher role involves media research, working with databases, primary documents and other sources to uncover reputational and criminal issues and ultimate beneficial ownership, as well as making sense of complex corporate structures and identifying possible political and sanctions exposure. Your main task will be to report the findings of media research concisely within short timeframes. A meticulous eye for detail is a must in this challenging, fast-paced role. The right candidate will be a team player who has the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure. You will be required to make sense of complex information, and have a clear and crisp writing style.
- Conduct media and database research using complex search criteria and following a strict methodology
- Analyse search results within the context of the project and the country
- Distil conclusions and identify indirect connections from research findings
- Draft reports
- Knowledge of research techniques, databases, networks, online registers and archives, and research in the general internet
- Demonstrated professional experience preferred
- Education to degree level
- Native or equivalent fluency in English
- Native or equivalent fluency in the following (required): Vietnamese
- Native or equivalent fluency in one of the following (preferred): another European language
- Demonstrated excellence in research and writing in English
- Proven ability in the use of Microsoft Office applications or equivalents
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Ability to summarise large amounts of information in a clear and concise manner
- Communicate complex topics verbally and in writing effectively
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Apply for this job